2023 Summer Research Opportunities Program
Thank you for your interest in the University of Wisconsin-Madison Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP).
Please refer to the following links for more information on SROP eligibility requirements and UW-Madison specific SROP.
If you have any questions concerning the application platform, please refer to this page or reach out to Survey Monkey Apply directly by clicking on the "i" button on the upper right corner. Other inquiries about UW-Madison SROP can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you begin your application, please review the following information and instructions thoroughly.
- This application consists of FIVE tasks:
- Applicant Information & Education Form
- Program(s) Selection
- Essay Form
- Transcripts Upload
- Request Recommendations
- You may complete the tasks in any order but will not be able to submit your application until all tasks are completed.
- Please carefully review your application, ensure all tasks are complete, and importantly submit your application - you will not be able to make changes after submission.
- In order to create your account in SMA, click the 'Register' button (to the right) and create an account. You will be required to use a valid email address for correspondences.
- Once you sign in, this will be your main application hub. You can edit your tasks as often as you like until the deadline by logging in and revising the information you have already entered. However, you may only submit one application. From this hub, you may also resend recommendation requests and download a copy of your submission. In later stages, you may also be asked to log in and provide more information.
- References- Letter of Recommendations
Your references will be sent an email with a link and instructions when you complete each request. Please make sure the email address you enter for your recommender is correct, and that your references are expecting the email. Sometimes these emails may get caught in spam so please ask them to check their spam folder in the event that they don't see the recommendation request. Please ensure all letters of recommendations are uploaded on your behalf in SMA before the application deadline of February 15.
- Essay Form
An essay is required of all applicants. You may either type your essay in the space provided or copy/paste your previously created essay into the textbox in the Essay Form task.
Electronic transcripts are required of all applicants. If your school does not offer electronic transcripts, please scan a paper copy and save it as a PDF for uploading to this application. You can only upload one file, and a newer file will replace the older one when uploaded. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Big Ten Academic Alliance SROP Application
If you plan to submit a Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP) application through the Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA), PLEASE NOTE that we encourage students who have a strong interest in coming to UW-Madison to submit an application directly to us to secure the best possible placement.